Thursday 21 June 2012

The moment of truth



And so it comes along.

The moment of truth.

I don't know if you've noticed, but there has been a definite direction in my journal pages over the last few months. When I look back over them the flow is downright scary!

It has all been about new things starting, doors opening, diving in, not letting fear get in the way, shining as I should etc..

I was looking at the background on this page and feeling that the words of focus needed to be 'the moment of truth' when my husband phoned. He said the Gideons wanted me to give my testimony at one of their meetings.

AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!

Yes, this is the fear that God has been wanting to smash in me. Public speaking. Now, I've had an inkling that this is what He was talking to me about, but when it becomes concrete it is downright scary.

So, the moment of truth. Do I trust that God is dealing with my fear and go ahead? Or do I chicken out, find some excuse, and wait for a different chance further down the road?



I am pleased to tell you that I took the plunge and accepted the invitation. I have five mins to give my testimony at a pastor appreciation dinner in August...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.