Monday 16 July 2012

Summer of Colour - week 6


The final week of Summer of Colo(u)r. I'm so glad I found this challenge. I've discovered all sorts of lovely new blogs and been encouraged enormously by all your lovely comments. Thank you to Kristin for hosting this challenge and providing a lovely burst of colour in a wet and cold Australian winter. And thank you to all you lovely people who have visited over the past few weeks.

So, this week's colours - the beautiful red and black of watermelon. I stuck with the actual flavour for this and drew a piece of watermelon on my red page layout. This led me to think about watermelon and how refreshing it is on a hot day, and how other things are refreshing such as a cool shower on a hot day, and honest opinions expressed in a loving way.

What do you find refreshing?

15 comments:

  1. I find you passion and patiences with me refreshing thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work and a lovely idea for the pages too. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very refreshing and nice page! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully creative page ~ real cool feeling to it ~~ thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor) on Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely journal page. I find all the wonderful like-minded folk I've met through blog hops such as this refreshing - so nice to be on the same creative page with so many!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One cool, lovely page! I too, discovered lots of wonderful artsy blogs while playing along with SOC. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pages, I wish it was hot enough here in the Uk to actually want something refreshing :o(

    Summer of Color has been greta fun, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pages, wonderful work! Glad I found you in SOC!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tracy! It has been so HOT and Dry here and I just ate some fresh watermelon! This is wonderful! PS. you asked how I got my reds to photograph well without looking pink...Maybe it is just my canon camera because I had it set on auto and didnt edit this photo at all...the only thing is that I always turn off the flash. I use natural daylight. Thanks, kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. smashing pages Tracy, great to meet you through SOC. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! The letters seem to pop off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sums up summer so perfectly! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is so bright and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.