Tuesday 27 November 2012

Into the wilderness...


I've had this background sitting in my current journal for a while now. When I looked at it yesterday the two pictures of plant cells just looked like tired eyes to me, so I flipped the book around and did a portrait orientation double-page spread. 


These tired eyes are just how I'm feeling at the moment, so I put them into a face. They seemed to be looking off to the side, so what could they be looking at? My daughter had a pile of kirigami that she has been doing lying around on the table. One of them looked just like a sun to me so I took that but it melted into the background of the page a bit too well, hence the darker pink behind it.


I've been feeling a little flat lately - tired, the heat sapping my energy a bit. I've also just realised that after a victory in my life, I'm back out in the wilderness again, building the beginnings of growth for whatever is next. The tired woman under the hot sun just described that beautifully for me. (Even if she does have an Adam Ant stripe across her nose - which probably just shows my age :) )

So where are you on the journey? Climbing the mountain? Deep in the valley? Crossing the desert? Or resting beside the still waters? Wherever you are, relax into it and don't resist. Each place has something to teach us.

3 comments:

  1. I love your page...but your words in your post really hit a chord with me. Sometimes you just have to float.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page Tracy...I can very well connect with what you said. Each phase has its own reward, I believe :)
    Thanks for your visit and sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous how this came together! I love it when my journal pages take unexpected turns. What a great cutting she left around for you- adds even more knowing that she made it! Gotta love collaborations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.