Wednesday 12 December 2012

Fall Fearless and Fly #6



Headline Prompt:  Divided by God:  What does "God" mean to you?  How do you access"God" or the divine or the sacred in your life?
Color Prompt: Metallics - gold, silver, copper, bronze, or all of them!
Quote Prompt: "This is my simple religion.  There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy.  Our own brain, our own heart, is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."  The Dalai Lama 

For me the answer is simple - God is my light and life and breath, the very beating of my heart. Without Him I cannot live.

How do I access Him? By prayer. By listening with my heart. By looking for all that is good and pure and right and just.

Some of the details don't show well in the photo. I wanted to keep the colours gentle rather than bold to show the gentle way that God deals with me - His patience is boundless for which I am hugely grateful :) The green is for life, the yellow for light. The gold heart in the woman is a smaller, not-yet-perfect reflection of the larger heart standing in for God's heart. Lines radiate from the large heart to show God's influence on my heart, my mouth, my eyes. 

Hop on over to Artists in Blogland (use the Fall Fearless and Fly button in the sidebar) and check out everyone else's take on this prompt.


8 comments:

  1. This is truly beautiful Tracy. Your words and your heart has wings, your loving acceptance of the divine in your life is so evident in your serene and peaceful drawing. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. Your words and that warm golden heart express this challenge perfectly. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful. I love the colors you chose-- subdued, balanced, very gentle and soothing. Great use of metallics, too, the shimmery gold hearts tie right in and add a touch of wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woman form your painting has such a wise look. Beautifully presented

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I love the gentleness of this piece and the shiny heart :)

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful artwork, I love the soft colours and the importance of the symbolism of the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The copper is so bold! Touching words..

    ReplyDelete
  8. So peaceful- the way the gold shines but doesn't over power! So glad that you are a part of Fall Fearless and Fly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.