Saturday 2 February 2013

Digital journalling


I've been playing with Photoshop, learning from Digital Art Wonderland by Angi Sullins and Silas Toball. It's a great book - even tech-unsavvy people like me can understand it :)

This is made of about 12 layers. The background bubblewrap prints are from some actual papers I patterned and then photographed.

I was learning how to do shadows on images and it set me thinking. If we stand in the light we're going to throw a shadow. The closer we are to the light the bigger the shadow we cast. So we have to think about what sort of shadow we want to cause - one that gives protection or one that blocks the light from someone else?


1 comment:

  1. My first comment got lost...aargh!! Anyway...glad you found me...I had deleted Paper Dreams because it was too difficult to keep up with two blogs...but last night I decided to expand my photo blog to include my art journey...which I hope to include some digital journaling...yours came out so great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.