Friday 8 March 2013

Contemplation


I'm reading an interesting book about introverts at the moment. Being one myself, it has been most enlightening. I have learned why I feel drained in large groups, why I withdraw on a regular basis, and why I find it difficult to 'think on my feet'. I now have a better understanding of what energises me and how my brain works.

Contemplation is one of the strengths of introverts but is something that needs to be done in every life. Sometimes you just need to put on the brakes and take time to examine what is going on in your life. Are you on the path you want to be on? If not, how can you switch to the right one? Examination of the heart can reveal attitudes and desires that might otherwise be hidden in the hurly-burly of normal living.

Will you take some time out today to contemplate?

Linking up with Art Journal Every Day, Creative Every Day, and Show and Tell Saturday.

10 comments:

  1. what a lovely idea to take some time to go within and to contemplate.Beautiful journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need that book about introverts. I am one too and it sometimes feel like I am just the odd gal out. Love your page too, the colors are subtle and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I really need to read the book. I am from the show & tell Saturday. Thank you for sharing and look forward to seeing more of your work!

    Thanks,
    Joanne @ jmacreativemess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need that book, what is it?? I might be an introvert at times.

    Love the multimedia here. The colors just really work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so many of us introverts out there! The book is The Hidden Gifts of the Introverted Child by Marti Olsen Laney. Although it is about children I have found it immensely useful in understanding why I am the way I am. It also explained why I felt the way I did as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like an interesting read. Love what you've done with the journal age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. I am truly energized only by my quiet time... Thoughts, words stringing together in my head, spirituality, prayer... Beautiful art, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the message and the composure of contemplation. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your page and the message you used to inspire you. BEAUTIFUL!!!

    Have a great day!
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the message that you have used for inspiration, the soft colors and the serenity that gives the lady in her eyes. hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.