Friday 1 March 2013

Use Your Words - trio of tags

 I mentioned about a week ago that I was taking Carolyn Dube's workshop - Use Your Words. It is still open for sign up and the videos are available for ever afterwards. And it won't even cost you anything!
More details can be found here.

These tags are from the final lesson in the series of six and I thought it would be fun to do the whole work-in-progress thing. So here it is.


I recently made a batch of tags from some glossy paper that I'd patterned using varying techniques. These three were all done with dye ink and a brayer.


I added a little stamping...


 ...and some stencilled letters as this is all about using your words. I wasn't happy with the terracotta on the blue, so in true Carolyn Dube style, I worked on it a bit more and...


... painted over it with some turquoise acrylic. Liked that much better. Added some patterned paper that I printed from a Photoshop project.


A bit more stamping and a little outlining and correction pen dots.


A bit of oil pastel around the edges and in the gaps, and the all-important words - live, dream, create.

So check out the workshop. Carolyn is a great teacher, very laid back, happy to try something, not like it, and go over it with something else. You'll learn that a blob out of place is not the end of the world but an opportunity to experiment and try something different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.