Monday 26 August 2013

Journal Fodder 365 - Prompt #14


This week's prompt is Wants and Needs.

When I started to think about my needs, I found that they are those deep things within me as well as the things my body requires to survive. They are basic - love, faith, food, exercise, oxygen, self-control, grace, hope, mercy, solitude. Putting things in the balance, these I need. I would not survive without them.

So what about wants? When I examined these things they seemed petty next to my needs - a bigger studio, to be more successful (whatever that means!), to earn some money, more art materials, chocolate. Will I survive if I don't have these things? Of course!

So the question becomes, "Why do I want them?"

Knowing the difference between my wants and needs helps me to be content. By the grace of God I have everything I need. And often I get the things I want as well.

What do you want and need? Can you tell the difference?




1 comment:

  1. I love the needed and wants journaling in your page. Thanks joining us @OLW this month. Hope to see you back for septembers challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.