Monday 23 September 2013

Journal Fodder 365 - Prompt #18


This week's prompt is Self Talk. What is the 'tape' that goes around in your head? How often do you berate yourself for something that is said and done and can't be changed? What lies do you listen to and allow to direct your behaviour?

As a Christian I have an antidote to the negative self-talk that goes on in my head: I listen to God. He always tells me the truth. Sometimes He has to tell me more than once as I don't always believe it :) 
But in the end He removes the corks that stop up my ears and speaks truth to me; truth that my heart recognises and my spirit holds on to. Truth that eventually drowns out the lies.

So remember: you are loved always, absolutely, and unconditionally. Grasp hold of that truth and believe it.


6 comments:

  1. So true and it can be so hard to ignore the wrong voices in our heads at time. Love your art work too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pages. I tend to silence the voices in my head these days by writing and that does seem to do the trick =)
    xx Monique

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic page, great colours, pattern and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic page, great colours, pattern and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You created a beautiful page, Tracy. It feels like the qustion and the answer is just made for me. Really time to order the journal fodder. I will do it right NOW! ..... 5 minutes later.... DONE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.