Wednesday 12 February 2014

29 faces - face #12


Today I thought I'd try doing a face without any pencil guidelines. I had a few inks lying around and decided to try a face with layers. 

So this started out with a basic shape of head and neck in yellow. Then came the red, which was a lot bolder than I expected, hence the 'stuck on' neck. NOT my favourite part of this page. Still, never mind.  The red made some shadows and shaped the mouth. Then came the hair in brown and the outline of the eyes and the eyebrows. Finally white for the highlights.

All I can say is, I'm learning :)

2 comments:

  1. I tried this way a couple of days ago and it was very freeing, am sure you enjoyed it as well.
    Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does look great with the reds. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.