Monday 24 March 2014

Journal Fodder 365 - Prompt #44


The prompt for this week was owning your shadow.

The idea was to embrace both your dark and light sides. However, I don't want to embrace my dark side. I am happy to acknowledge it, but I am trying to get rid of it, not make a friend of it.

As much as I tried to get a dark and a light side to this spread, it just wasn't happening. One side is slightly lighter than the other, but nothing glaringly obvious. And I hope that that reflects what is happening inside me - the light is pouring in and dispelling the darkness. I love the way DC Talk put it in their song Jesus Freak, 'the grace that replaced all the me I divorced'. That is the light in me.

The dark is what I would be if there was no grace.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.