Wednesday 4 June 2014

Perspective


I wasn't sure where this page was going to go, I just had in mind to use the greaseproof paper with the orange circles. It was a piece made when I used a hand-carved stamp to lift paint from the gelli-plate. My first thought was that it would look good on blue so I painted the top half of the page blue and the bottom green. The circles went nicely on the blue. 

Then the page sat for a few days.

The circles were really telling me that they were flowers, but they were so high up in the blue it was as if they were towering in the sky. 

That's when it came to me. 

If you lie down in the grass, the flowers look as if they reach to the sky. Sometimes a problem that seems enormous can be put in perspective if only we look at it from another angle. So face your problems standing up, not lying down in despair. Maybe they'll be brought down to size. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.