Thursday 26 June 2014

Summer of Colo(u)r week 3


The colours for this, the third week of Summer of Colo(u)r, are lavender, grey, and a pop, splash, or smudge of plum. Hop on over to the blog to share in the fun - the badge is in the sidebar.

I used the quote by William James: The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.

The end of the Australian tax year is approaching when we review our spending over the past year. I find myself, at 45, looking at how I am spending my life. What will I leave behind? How will I be remembered? How am I investing my time and energy? What have I achieved and what do I want to achieve with the time that is left to me?




12 comments:

  1. Always in love with your artwork Tracy - I wishes I could see you working and doing stuff together with you!
    xxx
    Susi
    a perfect take on the SOC week3 colors in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words of wisdom together with this weeks colors makes great art. Love your result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page and quote regarding your thoughts for the SOC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice piece with words taken to heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh! What a beautiful work of art! I love how you used this week's SOC colors, and I love that quote, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that leaf stamp. Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful work of art and a thought provoking sentiment. Thank you for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely art work! :)
    I really love the purple leaf, is it a stamp or stencil?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is really beautiful. Great quote too. It all comes together as a wonderful interpretation of this week's colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely! I love the leaves as the pop of plum :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.