Monday 4 August 2014

Pianola book


Several months ago my husband bought a couple of pianola rolls for me. They have sat in my art room since then while I have thought about how I wanted to use them. This week I decided to turn them into a book. 


I wanted to make a square book as I find that format pleasing. So I cut the pianola rolls into double-page lengths. As you can imagine, the pieces immediately curled up into tight rolls, having been rolled up for I don't know how long. To combat this, I stuck the lengths together in pairs, back-to-back, which had the added advantage of covering most of the holes, too, and strengthening the fragile paper.


Now I'm having fun working on backgrounds, gelli-printing, stamping, and sticking however the whim takes me.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.