Tuesday 7 October 2014

Still life


We are not supposed to be cut off from the root. 
Flowers in a vase are beautiful so briefly. 
We need to stay attached to the root - active life, not still life.

Linking with Mix-it-Monthly where the challenge for October is still life, and also with Sunday Sentiments, a new challenge where you can share a craft project that includes a meaningful sentiment, so I'm hoping that this counts.

Last week I posted as part of a creative blog hop. Other participants are Susan Carol, Felicia Aaron, Mary Brack, and Ruth aka lerusho, who invited me, has posted here.



9 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up to Sunday Sentiments, Tracy! Yes, absolutely, your poem does count as a sentiment! And a meaningful one it is too! I love your page of the flowers! It looks like you used Gelli print papers? Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, a gelli-print background as well as papers for the flowers.

      Delete
  2. I love that spread Tracy, those flower petals are so beautifully printed and the background with the stencil layers... your poem is very true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, I really like this still life, although your sentiment is dead on...active life, not still life! Love it! Yummy color and texture! Thanks for mentioning me in this blog post! I love how we are all connecting, it warms my heart today! Blessings to you and your beautiful craftiness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your still life piece Tracy. Your flowers are gorgeous and the sentiment is very profound and so true. Lottie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers and pot and the sentiment is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are so beautiful and Still "A"-Live...wonderful and yes I too love flowers more in its own inviroment or grow in soil, rather than cut off their roots! Your flowers looks so happy and reminded me of a windmill toy I enjoyed as a child :)
    Mix It Monthly ♥ Conny

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and the writing is so thoughtful and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the greens

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.