Wednesday 5 November 2014

Psalm 23 - crossing the finishing line


Here are the last three spreads in my psalm 23 journal. The page above just uses a bit of simple stencilling.


I pulled the colour scheme for this one from the punched-out squares. I punched them out of a piece of paper that was used for cleaning off my brayer and mopping up the last bits of paint from the gelli-plate. Sometimes those papers have some really complex patterning and interesting texture.


When I reached the end of the psalm, I really wanted something simple. I'd used the page to clean off a stencil and use up a bit of leftover paint, so I just gessoed over the top and sketched in a simple house shape and a heart. 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, Tracy! I love the idea of making a journal based on a specific psalm! You've inspired me today :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.