Wednesday 26 November 2014

Set apart, not set aside


I read a great post on (in)courage about being set apart rather than set aside. I've been thinking about it ever since, and wanted to do a page on it. This is the opposite way around than usual for me. Usually I play about with my background before the words come. This time I had something I wanted to journal about specifically.

I wanted the arrows in the background to be pointing in opposite directions to indicate a putting to one side. The 'title' also needed to show the same thing. The journalling was my thought processes about the difference between being set aside - with the feeling that someone doesn't know what to do with you so you're sidelined - and being set apart - to be reserved for a special purpose and prepared for it.

The problem is that they often feel the same.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.