Friday 24 April 2015

Drawing threads together


I'm enjoying working in this journal I made from some unwanted poster prints. I feel as if I'm starting to get a bit of my groove back :)

This page ended up being about how all the threads draw together to make a focus point. It's a bit like how I feel about art journalling - it's a drawing together of lots of different things such as painting, drawing, collage, calligraphy, printing, stencilling, stamping - anything goes and you can have fun with more than one medium. I like the way I can use all the different skills I've picked up over the years from doing other things such as making cards, bookbinding, etc.


I added the blue lines using a small gelli-plate. I like the way they look and you can't get that look any other way. Just painting them on is not the same.





1 comment:

  1. Terrific spread with very interesting ideas

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.