Wednesday 26 August 2015

Accidental and deliberate


This page started with some of my work-top paper - that paper that you put down under pages to pick up spills, clean off stamps etc.. A layer of gesso toned everything down a little and made it feel more 'all of a piece'.

The blue circles came next. I used the leftover paint in the top right corner and along the bottom. By this time I was liking the white space, but I wanted to add a 'pop'. Orange is opposite blue on the colour wheel, so a little of that just adds a zing to the page. A bit of doodling and I felt it was time for the journalling.

The 'accidental' elements that were already on the paper that I stuck down, and the colour and shape I placed on the page deliberately made me think about how life is like that. There are things that happen to us that we have no control over, and there are deliberate decisions that we make.

It is up to us which things we allow to dominate.



2 comments:

  1. Some of the very best work comes by way of "accidents."
    I believe that there is no such thing as a mere coincidence. But that just means some things did coincide with each other.
    This is lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post, Tracy - I love the thought and the page. Your introspection is well in tune with your artwork, certainly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.