Wednesday 7 October 2015

Texture


I loved a particular piece of textured paper that Win sent me in the last tag swap. The colours were great, and I just kept wanting to touch it. What better to use it for than circles?

Although the texture looks rough, it is actually quite soft. It made me think about what sort of 'texture' we bring to relationships, conversations. Are we like sandpaper, all scratchy and able to draw blood if we rub up against people? Or do we bring a softness, a gentleness that makes people want to reach out and draw us in to their lives? 



1 comment:

  1. Tracy, this is a lovely piece, and that textured wallpaper (originally white, but coloured with alcohol inks) has such an unusual feel that I can perfectly understand why it took you to this thought and outcome. Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.