Wednesday 11 November 2015

Leaf on the wind


A bit of a mixed metaphor, this page :) When I looked at the image, a line from the film Serenity went through my mind: I am a leaf on the wind.

This leaf actually looks like it's on the water, but the same sort of thoughts apply: whether floating on the water or on the breeze, you can put up some sort of sail - whether it is a cloth one on a mast or a 'chute like a skydiver has - and harness the wind.

Will you be at the whim of the wind, or will you use it's power to get to where you want to go?

4 comments:

  1. I often feel I am at the whim of the wind, but I trust it will take me in the right direction. We may think we know where we want to go, but that's not necessarily where we need to go! Wants and needs are two different things! See, Tracy, you always bring out the philosopher in me! Love the floating leaf metaphor and the visual representation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it made you think, my work here is done :) But I know what you mean - I think it depends on the source of the 'wind', really.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.