Monday 4 January 2016

How much?


I was playing around with this face and really didn't like the placement of the second eye. So I cut it out and added hair to fill the space. The concealment of part of the face made me think about what is hidden when people look at me. How much of me do they really see? How much do I hold back?

Rather than making resolutions for this new year, I have picked a word, and let it inform my goals. One general direction I want to continue in is in giving more of myself.

When we give of ourselves, we give something unique.

When we give of ourselves, our gifting and experience comes together to bless someone.

When we give of ourselves, being fully present with the person/people we are with, we begin to truly hear and see them, and they feel that.

When we give of ourselves, we don't diminish, but in some mysterious way become even more our true selves.

So let's be brave. Come on, tuck that hair behind your ear, be fully present in each moment, and give more of yourself this year.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful that this wonderful face inspired you to think so deeply about yourself

    Great inspiration for sure

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sentences "The concealment of part of the face made me think about what is hidden when people look at me. How much of me do they really see? How much do I hold back?" Really spoke to me. Although, I must admit that the first time I read them I thought it said "When I look at people how much of them do I really see?" Which made me take a sharp breath in. I realized that I may not see much at all. I may not be open to seeing what is there.

    I feel very inspired by both of these perspectives. It challenged me to look deeper and open up more fully. Thank you for this big thought as the new year unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a whole new page in that, Lynda! Yes, we tend to make judgements about others without knowing the whole story. There is so much hidden behind our own masks that we sometimes forget that other people are wearing them, too. Maybe 2016 can be the year of looking beyond the mask and coming out from behind it, too.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.