Monday 14 March 2016

Being shaped


Once the two big broken circles went on to this page, I couldn't see anything except giant wheels. They reminded me of a mill I used for flattening metal when I took a silversmithing class. The mill could also be used for putting a pattern on the metal. If you put the silver through with a piece of lace, the wheels would press the two together so hard that the pattern of the lace would be imprinted on the metal.

It's funny to think that something as fragile (relatively speaking) as lace could make any impression whatsoever on a piece of metal. But out the metal would come with a perfect imprint.

What are you pressing closely to?
What do you want to be imprinted on you?
Are you being pressed so tightly that small things are making a big impression on you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.