Monday 2 May 2016

What are you full of?


If someone pushes you - metaphorically speaking - what spills out?

You can only spill out what you are full of. If you push someone who is full of hatred, you shouldn't be surprised that you don't provoke a loving reaction.

Obviously human beings are complex creatures. We are not full of a single, unalloyed 'thing'. But we can be 'flavoured' more in one direction than another. In general I am a fairly patient person who works at being loving, caring, compassionate, gentle, kind. I know that if I find myself responding to someone with impatience and resentment, then I am depleted. I need to be refilled, because impatience and resentment are not my default positions. They are not what I am generally filled with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.