Wednesday 7 September 2016

Circles!


If you've looked at this blog before, you'll know that I love circles. They pop up everywhere in my work, whether I've planned them or not! And I've admired Alisa Burke's circle designs for ages, so when she had a sale of workshops, and one of them was all about circle designs, I jumped at the chance.

Here is my first go. This journal is made from a couple of large pieces of brown paper that I gelli-printed and then cut into smaller bits. Each piece was then folded and spiral-bound with the open edges at the spine.

I used two pens for these designs: a waterproof uni-ball fine liner and a Sharpie fine-point.





2 comments:

  1. Oh you know I am obsessed with mandalas/circles in any shape or form, and this spread is just gorgeous. I love the ink against the Gelli-printed paper (and what a great idea you've done for the journal)! As always, thanks for an inspiring post my far-flung friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! After seeing your circles/mandalas and watching the quick video today, I have to go try my hand at this. Like I need to go off on another direction. I guess that is why I relate to my hummingbird friends so well. Beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.