Wednesday 15 February 2017

Blotting out the view


Sometimes our feelings blot out the view.

I'm going to be candid here. If you've visited this blog for a while, you will know that I am an introvert, and quite a way along that scale. When we have visitors, it takes a lot out of me. When we have visitors for a month, I'm ready to move out after week 3. Unfortunately, being an introvert also means that I rehearse a lot of things in my head, imagining scenarios so that I'm ready for them. Having had visitors for this length of time before, I remember the feelings of exhaustion and of just wanting my own space back.

But thinking of those things before people even arrive can blot out the good stuff.

I need to put aside those feelings aside and just enjoy the parts I can. Yes, it will get difficult. Yes, we'll all be relieved when it's over - ourselves AND the visitors. But there are opportunities to connect with family who live on the other side of the world, who we only usually contact through Skype, Facetime, or over the phone.

We get to grow because we get to show love and grace.





2 comments:

  1. What extraordinary richness there is in this post, Tracy, not the least of which is in the images (LOVE all the textural aspects of them). Thank you for sharing what all we introverts know and (sometimes) love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy,
    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog post about the daffodils and neighbors. I'm loving your abstracts. I'm rubbish at those so far. This one and your post are particularly illuminating. I used to be thought of as introverted but somehow throughout the years of becoming 40ish everyone thinks of me as an extrovert, probably because I tend to flirt with everyone. Now I don't mean that sexually, lol, I just tend to get people's attention, especially if I'm on the phone with some person on the phone that I need something from, like the TV or internet person. Now that you've said what you've said above I kinda disagree with everyone. I'm still an introvert, I just practice in my mind before I go somewhere and I TOTALLY get the guests dilemma. Three days and I'm absolutely exhausted and need my space back, lol. Thanks for this post, it really illuminated something I couldn't get my mind around. I felt still like an introvert but my outward persona shows as an extrovert. I just realized I'm a good actor, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.