Monday 13 February 2017

Grain to bread


When I started this page, I thought the brown ovals were going to be stones, but as it developed they started to look like loaves to me. And when I highlighted some of the chevrons from the piece of gelli-printed greaseproof paper over on the right, I suddenly had some wheat as well.

Hmmm. Loaves and wheat. There's something to be said here.

You can't really see the journalling on this page very well in a photo. It's down the green stripe where it overlaps the top 'loaf'. It reads: How are you going to turn the grain into bread? How will your gifts feed others?

It's all very well to have wheat, but if it is ground into flour it becomes so much more versatile. It can be used to feed people. My gifts can be practiced, but unless I am using them to impact others, what use are they? Yes, my art practice is for self-care - and that is extremely important. But I find so much more satisfaction when I can share what I have learned with others. When I have told people about art journalling, shown them some techniques, and they take it away for themselves, changing their self-care practice, then I am fed and so are they, not just that day, but into the future.




1 comment:

  1. Love the way this evolved - great visual and written story!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.