Friday 17 February 2017

Wrinkled


Normally for Paint Party Friday I will pick out a page that I've done recently that I'm pleased with. Be honest - we all want to put our best foot forward when we're sharing our work :) But this week I'm showing a page I don't particularly like, because it still tells me something.

The journalling reads: I get a little wrinkled when people are disorganised.

In the last few weeks I've come up against several situations where, if people were a bit more organised, things would go along a lot more smoothly. As you can probably guess from this, I like to be organised.

So what does this page tell me?
1. I don't like it. It's bitty and not of a piece. One could say it's disorganised.
2. The piece of collage on the right just above where I've journalled is a photo of some pleated fabric. It talks to me of how I feel when I run up against disorganised people - a bit wrinkled and bent out of shape.
3. The butterfly tells me of how I don't like to flit about like a butterfly brain.
4. The blue circle, once I put the little white marks on it, reminded me of a life-belt that you might throw off a ship. I like things ship-shape.

So don't discard those pieces of art that you don't like. They might be telling you something.




1 comment:

  1. Definitely a telling art/ journal page. My friend always said that's what art journaling is about! Looking back and reading things you didn't see before. Being organized in life gives you so much more free time! Great piece and post!! The wrinkles give it depth.

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.