Wednesday 1 November 2017

Obstacles


Sometimes the obstacles can seem insurmountable from our limited perspective.

If you lie down in front of a wall and look up at it, it can seem massive. If you change your posture and stand instead, it can seem a lot more climbable. The obstacle didn't change - the way you look at it did.

If you stand in front of a wall focussed on one particular spot, you may miss a gate or a gap. You need to look at things from more than one angle.

I can see lots of obstacles for our upcoming move. The thing I have to remember is that it is not dependent on me. God has called us and He provides. I have to look at the situation from His perspective, and that's a great encouragement, because He's bigger than I am and He sees things from a very different angle. When He sits me on His shoulder and shows me what is to come, I can see much more clearly.

Sometimes you have to change where you're standing.





1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful page, and, as always, a thoughtful text to go with it. Thank you, as always, for this post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.