Wednesday 24 January 2018

The gap


I read a great post by Seth Godin that made me think. He talked about the gap between where we are and where we want to be.

Are you looking at the gap as a moat? Something uncrossable?

Looking at this page, for me the gap seems to be a question of height. This is probably because I'm short - when I have to climb things, sometimes the footholds feel very far apart for my short legs :)

So how do I move over the gap?

I need to build a ladder with steps of the right distance apart. In other words, I need to plan a way to get there in short steps. After all, who says I have to cover the distance in one go? Yes, there's a gap between where I am and where I want to be, but day by day, I can get closer.




1 comment:

  1. What a great page, Tracy, and a well-considered post. We have the feeling we have to do it all at once, right? Not so, and I love the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.