Saturday 10 March 2018

New connections


New connections just waiting to be made.

Though it is hard to leave people behind, I hope that a lot of those connections will continue. We are also able to pick up those connections that were stretched - but kept up - when we moved to Australia. And of course, new connections will be made as we meet a heap of new people. It will take a while to work out which connections will produce fruit, which will develop into more than an acquaintance, but that's all part of the fun of being somewhere new.

------------

On the arty front, I'm chafing a little over my interim journal. It's half the size of my usual pages and the only things I have to use at the moment are a few bits of collage paper, a glue stick, some coloured pencils, neocolor IIs, and 4 Stuart Semple pigment paints. However, I have no paintbrush at the moment so things are a bit limited. Thankfully I did a little bit of adding to pages before we left so there are some bits of gelli-printing and stencilling on some of the pages.

However, limited supplies push you to work in a different way, and getting out of your comfort zone is a good thing, even when it just means that I'll really appreciate it when all my stuff arrives :)


2 comments:

  1. I know it must be tough to not feel in your usual natural skin for now, even though as a rector's wife it's the drill. You are making great do with what you have, perhaps a parishioner has a few art supplies they could lend you...maybe an art teacher? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll be making new connections with your art as well as in your new life in the UK - limiting oneself seems to push us out of all our comfort zones, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.