Tuesday 28 August 2012

blossoming



Have you ever avoided doing something that you know you should do? I'm not talking about general procrastination, but those things that are a bit scary but that you know will help you move forward, learn, develop, whatever. 

As Anais Nin said:
...and the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom...
Sometimes resisting the thing we know we should do causes more damage than facing the pain or fear of just doing it. It stops us from moving forward; from blossoming.

This is often the case when we need to forgive someone. The more we hold on to the hurt, the more hurt we become. I like to think about it as holding on to barbed wire: if we would just let it go, the pain would stop and the wound would heal.

Where do you need to blossom?

4 comments:

  1. I'm big on forgiveness and live and let live, but I fail on the career front, taking one stupid job after another, because it's easier to settle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly Louise.

      Great to have you join us.

      I read your post about the teeth - hilarious and painful at the same time!

      Tracy

      Delete
  2. Oh - great question... And your page illustrates this perfectly. I love that quote too. Thanks for reminding me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page-and quote too. I like the comparison you made to barbed wire,that's a good visionary that some people need in order to get it.
    Good ?- I neeed to think on that one

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.