Saturday 4 August 2012

Psalm 23



'Want' is an interesting word. In this psalm it talks about not wanting. It isn't to do with not desiring, but not being in want. God knows what I need and makes sure that I have it.

It's just that sometimes what I think I need is different from God's idea of what I need.

At times like this, I must let go of what I want, trust that God knows what I need and go with it. It's not always easy. Sometimes the grass looks greener on the other side. Often we have to make the mistake of tasting it several times before we realise that, actually, what we have is exactly what we need.

So when there is something that you want, let God be the judge of whether it is actually what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.