Monday 19 August 2013

Journal Fodder 365 - Prompt #13



Solitude. Do you dread it or look forward to it?

For me, solitude is absolutely esesential. If I go too long without time to myself I start to wither. I am energised by solitude and endeavour to make sure I have at least half an hour each day all to myself. In our house we each have a space that is our own. Other people come into it from time to time, but there are also times where we all disappear to our own spaces to recharge.

My space is my art room. This is where I pray and read the Bible each morning. It's where I journal, sew, knit, make books, write stories and retreat material, make jewellery, plan, dream, study, reflect. It is my haven and I embrace the solitude.





1 comment:

  1. Solitude is at the top of my NEEDS list. I re energize from quiet time. I pray, meditate, journal, read...or just listen. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.