Monday 10 July 2023

More big pieces

 

I have found my self working on bigger pieces of paper again this week. This particular piece is making me very happy. I love the palette, but also those small marks on the black. I also wonder whether the black marks that I made to express emotion have an effect even though some of them have been obscured. When we let ourselves show up in our work it somehow feels more authentic. It's hard to describe how this works with abstract pieces, but just think about how some art speaks to your heart and some just doesn't. 

I'm still analysing why I like this piece better than some of the others I've made this week. Still exploring.





1 comment:

  1. What a stunning piece, Tracy - little wonder that you love it. From the colour to the contrast it is truly outstanding!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.