Sunday 5 May 2024

Sewing

 

So, it's been a while since I posted. Not a deliberate thing, but I've been busy at the sewing machine making clerical stoles for a dear friend. When the fabrics are out, the paints have to go away, because I'm not particularly careful when I fling the paint around :) 

The symbols are made with interfacing that I painted, and then sewn on with a simple running stitch to keep the style all the way through the set. The only one that doesn't follow that is the Christmas/Easter white stole, which is done with beads, but then that is suitable for the festival seasons. The stripes at the bottom are in those colours because my friend has Jamaican origins and these are the colours of the Jamaican flag, plus some Kente fabric as requested. 

So, back to the journal after this textile break. 





2 comments:

  1. Goodness, I am agog at your fabulous sewing skills. Well done, Tracy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Win. I've had a lot of practice :)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.