Wednesday 6 January 2016

This heat!


This summer is shaping up to be a warm one. With floods in the north of the state filling up the usually dry lakes, and the hottest December on record in the south, it sure makes painting more difficult. When the weather is hotter than body temperature, you're body works so hard to just maintain itself that energy levels are low. Not only that, but the paint dries so darn quickly! 

Below is my beautifully coloured brayer after a few runs across the gelli-plate. It's going to need a jolly good scrub, because the usual baby-wipe just isn't cutting it. So I've abandoned that project for the moment and am seeing a lot more collage in my future. Still, it will use up some of my stash.


Linking up with Carolyn's Play challenge - use something that you would have thrown away. The starry tissue paper at the bottom of this page was some packaging that came with a pair of shoes.



3 comments:

  1. I just can't imagine it being hot right now!!! Well done you for doing it anyway, never mind the sapping heat. A very happy and blessed new year to you, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.