Monday 28 November 2022

Waiting

 

The time of waiting. Advent: the arrival. 

I find that the liturgical calendar brings me to times of waiting twice a year - both times leading up to the major festivals. These times make me ponder about how we live through a season of waiting. Are we impatient? Expectant? Hopeful? Peaceful? Or all of the above? 

Sometimes these times in the waiting room are forced upon us as we wait for test results, deliveries, approvals. These times of waiting give us time to think, reflect, and grow. Or maybe to whinge, stamp our feet, and be irritable. 

How we wait can say a lot about us. 





2 comments:

  1. Aaaaah, waiting can be the most difficult thing in the world. My challenge in this lifetime, I think, is to learn patience. Intellectually, I know things come in their own good time, but my control issues want it NOW! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we're ever finished with learning patience!

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.