Wednesday 6 September 2023

Argument

 

People don't always think through their argument.

When someone found out my good friend went to church, they responded, "I don't believe in what I can't see." I fully understand that not everyone will share my faith, but please think through your argument. The response above is a knee-jerk put-down. It's designed to make people of faith feel small and stupid. 

By all means tell me that you don't share my faith - it's your prerogative - but don't tell me you only believe in what you see. For instance, you can't see electricity, air, X-rays, gravity, love, or any number of other things that people are happy to use/interact with/live as if they're real every day. As my husband says, you believe you have a brain even though you haven't seen it. 





1 comment:

  1. I'm just grinning from ear to ear with this post, Tracy...the best argument against knee-jerk comments I've seen and heard! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.