Thursday 3 October 2024

New triptych

 

Recently I've found myself using this palette a lot. Starting with a black background definitely gives a lot of depth. These are repurposed canvases, so I scratched through the black paint and the colours come through, although they don't show up so well in photos. 

Sometimes it takes me a while to work out what I am painting about. This is about menopause. Not surprising, really, as it is a big transition.

I think these pieces are finished, but I'll give it a couple of weeks just to be sure.

Do you know what you're art is about before or after it is finished?




1 comment:

  1. I'm loving the palette, especially given the subject, and the colour coming through the scratching is so evocative of menopause, isn't it? Layers upon layers of life lived, and so many changes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.