Monday 30 November 2015

Purging


There are seasons when I feel the need to purge. Spring is one of them. So I'm looking through the drawers in my studio and throwing out or passing on the things that I don't use, don't need, haven't looked at in a long time. Trying out lots of things is good. It pushes you to be creative. But there are just some media that you find you don't gel with. There are things you reach for all the time, and things that you just have no affinity with. So the latter are getting the boot.


And there are times when I need to purge the thoughts that run the hamster wheel in my head. Art journal pages are great for that. The journalling, when it's messy and running together, adds its own texture to the page, thus having two uses. When the words are on the page somehow it stops them from running in my head. It pins them down and I can deal with them better. 

Do you use your journal to purge?


2 comments:

  1. I feel as though I need to do the same!! Love your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, Tracy, it's a timely post. This is the time of the year when I feel the urge to clean things out as well. Now you've got me inspired.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.