Friday 28 September 2018

Clerical scarves/stoles


I haven't done as many journal pages as usual in the last couple of weeks as I've been working on a gift - some clerical scarves or stoles.

The green one, in liturgical symbolism, stands for ordinary time, which is the time between Pentecost and Advent. It is the day-to-day, ordinary living time. I've decorated the scarf with wheat and fish as a reminder that there is still a harvest to be brought in, even outside of festival times. There are always opportunities even in the everyday business of living.

The purple one is for the seasons of Advent and Lent. Both are times of waiting, the lead time up to major festivals. We know the festivals are coming, but there is a time of preparation beforehand. The alarm clock is a symbol for the waiting. We set the time for the alarm to go off, knowing that we need to be ready by then.




1 comment:

  1. These are just stunning, Tracy - I particularly loved the juicily textured fish - such richness there. And the colours on both are divine! Well done, my incredibly talented friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.