Monday 3 September 2018

Home is more than a place


Home can be a place where you are.
        It can also be a place where you aren't.
The place you don't want to leave...
       or the place you always want to come back to.
It can be something you yearn for
       or the situation you occupy right now.
It can be geographically specific
       or anywhere that the people you love are.
It all depends on how you think about home in your heart.

This time I remembered to take a few 'in progress' photos, so here's the process:


A few bits of collage to start with.


A few blocks of colour applied with a colour shaper, and some pencil scribbles.


A couple more bits of collage and a Stabilo marks-all pencil squiggle.


I sprayed some water on the black squiggle, added a few green stripes of gelli-printed greaseproof paper, and swooshed on some watery magenta and brown.


A few marks with neocolor II purple, some white pen marks, a couple of strips of silver-striped washi tape, and a bit of cream acrylic applied with a small palette knife


A few more marks and a bit of journalling, and the page is finished.

3 comments:

  1. Tracy I really like how this piece came out. Thanks for showing the steps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the working in the black journal, Tracy - you've inspired me, and I might just have to create one. New project coming up, with thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a great discovery for me, Win. I love the different feel it gives to the pages.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.