Wednesday 23 January 2019

In other projects





If art journal pages seem to have been a bit thin on the ground lately, it's probably because I've been busy doing other projects as well. This is some knitting I'm working on - a long cardigan with a shawl collar. I love doing cables. Here are some close-ups:




I also sew. My husband is a vicar and he finds that clerical shirts are a bit... well, boring! He likes bright colours and most ready-made shirts are plain and pastel. They're just not him, so he loves a trip to the fabric store where he can pick out some bright fabric and find buttons that are fun. This is the latest one. I think that makes it thirteen that I've made for him :)


These buttons are clear flowers that just add a bit of sparkle to go with the shiny fabric.


And finally, I've made a new journal for Bible study by repurposing an old service book. The spine and some of the pages were fragile, so I ended up making a new spine, but the covers are substantial. I decorated pages with gelli-printing, stamping, and washi tape before sewing the signatures together.



So these are a few projects that I'm working on or have finished lately. What's your creative 'side-hustle'?


1 comment:

  1. Again, I am in awe, Tracy. I LOVE it that your husband gets you to make his oh-so-beautifully coloured shirts. That is so awesome - he's definitely my kinda man. Your knitting enthrals me (I've never learned) and I'm pretty much in awe of that as well. Your repurposed book is right up my alley - I've done way too many of those, I think. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.