Wednesday 6 February 2019

Adorned


Do not let your adorning be external.

Once I stuck the circles at the top of this page, I couldn't see them as anything except baubles, ornaments. They really stuck out on the page for me. Then the word 'adorning' popped into my head. It reminded me of a passage in 1 Peter chapter 3, verses 3 and 4. It says '...let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit.'

True beauty does not come from the things we drape ourselves with. We do not paint it on our faces, hang it from our ears or around our necks, or gain it by going under the surgeon's knife. It is not made of cashmere or silk or gold. No amount of outward adornment will disguise an ugly spirit for long, just as a beautiful spirit will not be hidden.

True beauty comes from within. It does not fade but instead blossoms with age as we practice gentleness and quietude.







1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous page, Tracy, and your quote is fabulous. I so appreciate both - the colour makes me happy and the quote makes me think about the internal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.