Friday 29 March 2019

Temptation



Temptation is subtle.

I used this page to blot off some lime green paint. That made the two circles at top left and bottom right as the very first layer. I didn't realise when I added the piece of collage near the centre, several layers later, that there was a lime circle on it - a stylised apple. It wasn't until I stood back to think about the journalling that I saw it. 

For my Lent reading I have been working through the beatitudes and the sermon on the mount. They highlight, for me, how subtle temptation is: the temptation to self-aggrandizement, selfishness, pride, hubris, judgement, the list goes on. 

Temptation is not always obvious. 

It hardly ever is.






1 comment:

  1. Your process just fascinates me, Tracy, and the development of this particular page is truly inspiring. You are very in tune with yourself through your artwork, and I love how you bring it all together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.