Wednesday 6 March 2019

Uprooted


When your roots have been disturbed it takes a while to settle again.

No matter how many times we move house (and we've moved a few times, including halfway round the world twice) I always forget just how long it takes to settle into a new place. Although we unpack our boxes quickly and the house looks lived in after a few days, learning your way round a new city, a new community, takes more time than you think. Life still happens as you try to get your head around new patterns of life. 

This year has not been an easy one with our move back from Australia, the death of my father-in-law, and the onset of menopause. I have to remind myself to allow plenty of time to adjust. 





1 comment:

  1. What a great page, Tracy. When I think what you've gone through in the past year, I have to marvel at your ability to transplant, grow and flourish. From your point of view, I can see from this post how that must feel from the inside out. Kudos to you for your sticktoitiveness, my awesome friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.