Monday 5 August 2019

Spring



It feels like spring has finally started to bloom in my heart. 

I can feel that there has been a change in me because, after nearly 18 months in this new home, I finally felt like painting the walls and getting some colour in the place. Vicarages and rectories tend to be painted beige (ugh) so that each family can put their own mark on them and turn them into homes. 

We love bright colours (surprise! 😊) so I painted the half wall on the turn of the stairs this wonderful deep purple. With the shelf being there it meant I didn't have do the full length of the wall to get a pop of colour in there. I think the colour sets off the black and white graphic artwork wonderfully. (By the way, most of the work on this wall is by the wonderfully talented Marc Laming who can be found @monkeymarc on Instagram and Twitter.)



And a big splash of raspberry for the upstairs bathroom and downstairs loo. The eagle-eyed amongst you will spot the blobs of paint on the chair. That's because this is the chair I use to stand on when painting the walls. When everything is done, this chair will get a makeover in a bright blue.


And here are a few close-ups of the art journalling. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.