Wednesday 20 May 2020

When to stop


Knowing when to stop is a useful skill to develop.

I loved this page when it was only a few layers in. I decided not to cover too much up, just to add some smaller marks and go with it as it was. After all, it's my art journal, so I can do what I want with the pages :) I wanted to stop, so I did.

There are other things in life that we might do well to stop, too. I remember, many years ago, going to a group that really didn't suit me. It was one of those things where people were expected to go, but I hated it. I dreaded the day coming round when I had to go. So I stopped. Just because people expect something doesn't mean that I have to live up to their expectations. After a few weeks, someone else also stopped going to their group, telling me they hated it, too, and my stopping had given them the courage to say 'no more'.

I'm not saying you should quit on things just because you don't like them. There are obviously some things that are difficult but worthwhile in the long run. But there are other things that do you harm if you continue. So if you really find yourself dreading something, ask yourself - honestly and with good reasons - whether it is time to stop.





1 comment:

  1. What a great post, Tracy. I love your journal page - you truly made the right decision about when to stop on that one. And I most certainly agree that one needs to learn this in life as well (and it can be a hard learning!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.