Friday 1 May 2020

100 day project - days 16-20


I'm still churning out the tiny pieces, although I've abandoned the 100 layers project. I'm not classing it a failure, but a learning experience.

What did I learn?

That I'm a 10-15 layer person. I pushed beyond what I was comfortable with, covering up the page when I would normally be adding the finishing touches. The joy left me. So I've stopped that project as it wasn't feeding my creativity, and who needs to pour energy into something that isn't feeding you?

So here are the latest five tiny pieces. I'm not happy with all of them, but the tide is turning on being happier with more than not. Both the small size and the dark background are challenges. I find myself doing a bit more collage and a bit less painting. Some of that is because not all of my paints are opaque enough to show up on the dark background. Also, it looks a bit 'cleaner' on the smaller substrate.





1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.